Mountain Gate Dental is Open!
Update – Sunday, 10 May 2020
Restrictions reduced to Level 1
All Dental Treatments Are Allowed including examinations, teeth cleaning, and surgery implants, provided standard precautions are in place for people who do not meet epidemiological or clinical risk factors for COVID-19 infection transmission.
It remains our absolute priority to ensure that patient treatments are provided in a manner that minimises risk of exposure to COVID-19 for our people and patients. Under Level 1 restrictions practices must, as a minimum, continue to implement our regular and specific COVID-19 measures which align to the guidance of government and regulatory authorities.
• The front desk staff record the triage information collected from patients, over the phone and when patients attend the clinic
• Patients are screened for travel and signs and symptoms of infection when they attend the clinic and their medical records are updated accordingly
• We clean and disinfect public areas frequently, including door handles, chairs and bathrooms
• Reading materials and toys have been removed from waiting areas
• We use personal protective equipment in the clinic as appropriate for procedures being performed and ensure the autoclaving of hand-pieces after each patient
• Plastic protective face shields, in addition to masks, are being used, when appropriate, to decrease possible exposure to infectious agents
• We are asking, where possible, that only the patient with the routine appointment enters the clinical area, leaving all family, friends and guardians in the waiting room or car. Patients can also wait outside the clinic or in their vehicle prior to their scheduled appointment
• We have placed a number of hand sanitizers around our clinic, and we ask that you all use these when entering the waiting room, clinical areas and when leaving the practice
Our number one priority is to ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff and clinicians. We appreciate your understanding in these challenging times.